Evaluate business credit from objective trade data collected from credit grantors like you. Experian is the recognized leader in capturing data on businesses of all sizes. With DBT Trade lines, comprehensive payment information, trend analysis and public record information, this report provides a wealth of detailed information from a variety of sources.
Combine with the Intelliscore Plus for a winning solution.
This 10 page reports includes:
- The Executive Summary
- Corporate Linkage
- Trade Payment Information
- Payment Trends
- Public Record Information
- Uniform Commercial Code Profile
- Company Background Information
- Standard & Poor’s Information
- Federal Government Information
The Experian Edge
The strength and accuracy of data are the backbone of the Experian products and services we offer. The following four elements constitute the core of their business and allow us to supply superior commercial credit services:
- Data sources – include all third- party-sourced information, fresher public filings and the world’s strongest commercial collections data
- BizSourceSM and TrueSearchSM – best-in-class commercial data storage and more accurate search and match technology
- Business Information Number (BIN) – a unique, persistent business identifier throughout all products and reports
- Corporate Linkage – identifies relationships between businesses, of all sizes, including small and mid-size businesses
If you are not now authorized to access Business Profiles, and would like to, call Client Service at 800.676.9705 or have one of our representatives contact you about a subscription.
The Executive Summary
Experian Business Profile’s Executive Summary provides an overview of a business’ credit behavior, so that you are able to see the need for additional credit details. The summary includes:
- The DBT and predicted DBT numbers representing Experian’s overall understanding of a company’s risk
- The DBT norms compares the company’s average DBT against other companies within the same industry
- DBT Range based on current payment behavior indicates how the company’s payment behavior compares to other US Businesses
- Historical Payment Guide provides background payment information
- Significant derogatory charges summarizes collected public data and other derogatory information
Linkage occurs when one business has financial and legal responsibility for another. Common linkage identifiers such as branch, headquarters, subsidiary, and ultimate parent are used to clearly indicate the location type and relationship structure within the corporate family.
Experian leverages unique data assets and unparalleled search and match capabilities to provide linkage on the largest corporate entities down to the small business with just a few locations.
To ensure the ongoing quality of linkage, Experian uses a multidimensional data model. This model uses:
- Best-in-class sourced data
- TrueSearchSM-based rules to create new family trees and expand existing families
- A dedicated linkage maintenance team to monitor and update the top corporate families
In addition, real-time database updates allow us to refresh family trees quickly when changes, such as mergers and acquisitions, occur. This ensures continued data accuracy and completeness.
Corporate Linkage empowers you with:
- Better-informed decisions and enhanced decision-making capabilities through utilization of information on the parent company and/or ultimate parent company
- Assessment of overall corporate exposure within a corporate family
- Account penetration analysis and identification of up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Information to help meet your “Know Your Customer” requirements
- Ease of integration through the use of industry-standard linkage classifications and terms
Trade Payment Information The Trade Payment Information in the Business Profile provides an up-to-date view of a business’ credit performance. Each trade line represents a unique credit relationship.
For comparison purposes, a plus (+), minus (-) or equal (=) sign next to each trade line with a balance indicates whether the DBT or trade line is more than five days higher (-), more than five days lower (+) or within five days (=) of the average DBT for that business category.
Evaluate credit behavior with the following info:
- Payment trends analyze continuously reported trade lines to indicate changes in payment behavior over the previous six months
- Payment History calculates these trends by quarter for up to 15 months
Public Record Information
Provides details of bankruptcies, tax liens and judgments.
Uniform Commercial Code Profile
Use the Business Profile Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings to know how much a business is leveraged and what kind of collateral is used in outstanding loans. These are important considerations when evaluating creditworthiness.
The UCC profile lists up to 10 most recent UCC filings (original, amendments or terminations) with the most recent displayed first for easy review. If you like, you may access a complete UCC filing report free of charge within 72 hours of your Business Profile inquiry.
Company Background Information
This portion of the Business Profile provides detailed background information that validates a company’s identity, helping you detect potential fraud.
Company background may include:
- Home state of business
- Year the business registered with the state
- Charter number
- Current status of business
- Names and titles of principle officers
- Product and service lines
- Most recent filing date
- Name of agent or legal representative
The Inquiries section of the Business Profile summarizes all inquiries made on the applicant by month.
Standard & Poor’s Information
The Business Profile provides comprehensive Standard and Poor’s (S&P) information for gauging financial strength in relation to payment habits in publicly held companies.
Federal Government Information
The federal government information is another resource for financial evaluation. It reports selected financial dealings of the company with federal government agencies and provides contact data for your convenience.